As an international school serving the needs of a very mobile community we welcome applications and arrivals at all points during the school year.
We are happy to help with all enquiries so please do not hesitate to contact us whether you think you may be relocating to Salalah or live here already.
book a tour?
We are happy to arrange personal tours with the Head of School for parents or families and answer any questions relating to the application process.
To make an enquiry, please fill out the form or call us on +968 2323 5242 or email us on: email@example.com.
Please include your child’s date of birth and requested date of entry with the enquiry.
When we receive your application, we assess if a space is available for your preferred start date. If no space is available, we will place your child on our waiting list. We will notify you by email of the status of your application within 5 working days.
Once a space is available for your child, you will be asked to pay an Admissions Fee to hold the space.
Your child will be assessed to ensure they meet our entry criteria. Please refer to the Entry Requirements below or in our Admissions Policy for further details. All children admitted to BSS should have a good level of English.
We will inform you of the outcome of your application which may be:
- An offer of a place
- We require further testing to ensure the school can meet the needs of your child. Children with English as an additional language, or special educational needs will meet with staff to determine if the school can support them to fully access the curriculum
Following an offer of a place we will contact you to:
- Request that you pay the Admissions Fee in order to secure your child’s space.
- Confirm your child’s start date
- Provide a formal offer letter alongside our Home School Agreement letter
- Give details about the first school day including uniform purchase
Pupils can start school within one week after receiving an offer providing you have paid the Tuition Fees.
Our teaching is based on the English National Curriculum and all lessons are taught in English.
We have limited resources to support children with English as an additional language or special education needs. We will only offer places when we are sure we are able to provide sufficient support to enable a child to fully access the curriculum.
The school caters for pupils who meet the following criteria:
- An age appropriate good level in English language (speaking, reading, writing and comprehension)
- Attitudes and values that match the BSS Learning Ethos
- The ability to thrive in a high achieving environment
- A supportive family who will engage with the school in promoting their child’s education,
- Personal development and English language development
- Individual learning needs which can be largely met within the mainstream classroom and without significant additional adult support
- Willingness to participate fully in all aspects of the curriculum
- Whilst BSS is able to provide support for English language acquisition and for children with certain special education needs, capacity for this support is limited.